Personal Injury Attorney
in Pittsburgh, PA

You need representation for personal injury?

Attorney Bellisario provides personalized representation in Pittsburgh, PA and surrounding areas, to injured individuals. We can evaluate your claim, negotiate with insurance companies to secure compensation for you, and file suit to taking cases to trial in order to obtain fair and reasonable compensation for your injuries and losses. When you need representation for personal injury, call us for a consultation so we can get you the results you deserve.

Faqs About Personal Injury Situations

What should I do in the event of an automobile accident?

If you are involved in an auto accident, stop immediately at the scene, warn oncoming vehicles and/or move your vehicle to avoid further accidents. Then, make arrangements for an ambulance if necessary, and call the police so an official accident report can be filed. If the police do not come to the scene or fill out a report, exchange information with the other driver and identify witnesses. Then notify your insurance company, seek appropriate medical treatment, take photos of all damages and injuries. Finally, call a lawyer to assist you in evaluating the evidence to determine who was at fault for the accident and to inform you of your rights to receive compensation. The compensation could from the other driver’s insurance company as well as from your own insurance company.

Must I speak with the other driver's insurance company?

Absolutely not. Following an accident, the other driver’s insurance company may have one of its adjusters contact you to take a statement about the accident or your injuries. The adjuster is not looking out for your best interest. You may be contacted at a time when you are still dazed or still not thinking clearly because of your injuries. The adjuster may attempt to hurry you into a settlement of your claim. You should not speak with the other driver’s insurance company until you fully understand your rights.

What are full tort and limited tort coverages and which is best for me?

Full tort gives you the right to seek compensation for pain and suffering for any injuries that result from an auto accident. Limited tort coverage gives you the right to seek compensation for pain and suffering ONLY IF your injuries result in death, permanent serious disfigurement or serious impairment of a bodily function; or in other very limited circumstances. While an injury may be serious to you, many courts are deciding that things such as broken bones are not serious enough to allow someone with limited tort coverage to be compensated for pain and suffering. While full tort coverage is usually a little more expensive than limited tort coverage, full tort coverage is far superior and should be purchased if you can afford it. Otherwise, you may have an injury which will bother you for the rest of your life and you will not be able to receive compensation for it.

If I am injured by a defective product, what should I do with the item?

Some of the most serious injuries are caused by items which may be defective. An item may be defective for any number of reasons. The item may have been defectively designed, it may have been defectively manufactured, it may lack adequate warnings about its operation and use, or adequate safety features. Cases involving defective products are called “product liability” cases. When a product causes an injury, it is critical that the product be kept so that it can be properly examined by experts. If the product is thrown away or discarded, you may lose your right to receive compensation for your injuries in a product liability case. Therefore, if you have been injured by a product which you believe was defective or unreasonably dangerous, keep it so it can be available for inspection.

What should I do if I am injured at work?

Assuming you do not have a life-threatening injury or you do not need immediate medical attention, the first step you should take is to immediately inform your supervisor of your injury while at work. It is not enough that you tell another worker. You must tell someone in authority. You should notify the employer as soon as possible following your injury, even if it seems like a minor injury at the time. What seems like a minor injury today could have serious complications later. If notice is not given promptly, your employer is likely to question whether you in fact had the injury at the time that you said you did. Under Pennsylvania law, you must give notice within 120 days of the injury or you will not be entitled to collect any benefits because of the injury. Report any injury, no matter how minor it seems at the time.

When am I entitled to first collect benefits if I am disabled by a work injury?

You are entitled to benefits for lost wages commencing on the 8th day after your disability, but not for the first 7 days unless you are off more than 14 days. If you are off more than 14 days, you are entitled to payment for the first 7 days as well.

No Cost, No Obligation Consultation

Evening and Weekend Appointments Also Available